Series of seminars
3.02 > 31.03.202
After the success of the first two editions of the series of seminars “Including Diversity in Research”, the PhD Course in Human Sciences at the University of Verona (together with the INVITE project, the research centres PoliTeSse and CRED, and the research group APRESO) organizes a third edition for the 2021-2022 academic year. Though meant for PhD students at the University of Verona, the seminars are open to everyone.
Seminars will be held in February and March 2022. The first two sessions will take place in Aula D3 Artemisia, Palazzo di Lettere, University of Verona; the last three sessions will take place on Zoom.
As in the past editions, the goal of this series is to explore how plural diversities can enter different disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields of research — including (but not limited to) philosophy, pedagogy, and psychology. This year, the series comprises the following seminars and speakers:
- Studying activism, whether you like it or not: contexts and strategies (PoliTeSse) Massimo Prearo, Università degli Studi di Verona, IT. The seminar will take place in Aula Artemisia on February 3, 2022, from 14.00 to 16.00.
- Miss Understanding and the Diversity Advantage Narratives (CRED). Alessio Surian, Università degli Studi di Padova, IT. The seminar will take place in Aula Artemisia on March 10, 2022, from 14.00 to 16.00.
- Criticalizing your research: how to make your research more engaged and meaningful? (APRESO). Matthijs Bal, University of Lincoln, UK. The seminar will be on Zoom on March 15, 2022, from 14.00 to 16.00. To get the link, please send an email to francesco.tommasi[at]univr.it.
- Rethinking the “Evil Twin”: trans perspectives in the queer field (PoliTeSse). Elia A.G. Arfini, CRAAAZI, Bologna & Università degli Studi di Milano Statale, IT. The seminar will be on Zoom on March 17, 2022, from 14.00 to 16.00. To get the link, please send an email to adrianojose.habed[at]univr.it.
- Sojourner Truth, Intersectionality and Feminist Scholarship (PoliTeSse). Katrine Smiet, Radboud University Nijmegen, NL. The seminar will be on Zoom on March 31, 2022, from 14.00 to 16.00. To get the link, please send an email to adrianojose.habed[at]univr.it.